Time & Location
Feb 16, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Virtual via Zoom
About the Event
Join us in this free two-part series to learn about website accessibility, why it is important for your business, how to ensure your website is in compliance with the American's with Disabilities Act ("ADA") and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Featuring Nick Friedman from Adirondack Website Design.
Part I of the workshop will include:
- Web Accessibility
- The business case for web accessibility
- Guest speaker Dr. Erica Pouncie who will discuss how barriers for disabled veterans hinders their reentry to civilian life.
- Guest speaker Deborah Sabin, Esq - How WCAG conformance became the legal standard for compliance with the ADA
- Federal Tax Credit toward website accessibility
- How to easily test your website for accessibility
- And more! Including a question and answer period
*Attendance to both workshops is optional, but if you are attending Part II we highly recommend you attend Part I first as it presents principles foundational for Part II.