Welcome to Grounded 2022! Complete something in each of our 6 challenge categories and keep track using the activity card by scratching away the mud.
Grounded brochures and activity cards are available at the Welcome Center in the Harrietstown Town Hall at 39 Main St, Saranac Lake. The Welcome Center is open from 9am-4pm Monday-Saturday.
Below you will find details of the challenges. Complete your scratch off card and return it to the Welcome Center by May 31st to be entered into our prize drawings!
Grand Prize Drawing:
2 round trip tickets on Cape Air to Boston or New York
Additional prize drawings include gift certificates to area businesses including:
Village Mercantile, Coakley Home and Hardware, ADK ArtRise, Goody Goody's
If you have any questions, please contact the Welcome Center at the Harrietstown Hall at 518.891.1990 or stop by!
Grounded 5K Run/Walk
When: Saturday May 7th
Time: 9am (registration opens at 8am)
Where: Riverside Park, Saranac Lake
Fee: $20 per person, $10 for kids under 12
Come celebrate spring with your friends and community! Music and prizes for post race fun. Pick up your Grounded activity card at the same time!
Proceeds support the business workshops, community events, high school scholarship, and business resources that the Saranac Lake Area Chamber of Commerce provides throughout the year.
Participate in the village wide spring clean-up after the run. See additional information below.
Get your boots on the ground with the
Grounded kick-off event on Saturday May 7th!
Fish, photos, fun, and prizes
Woods & Waters Fishing Contest! Fish anywhere in the Saranac Lake area between May 1st-30th. Upload a photo of your catch to social media and tag #grounded2022 for a chance to win some amazing prizes! (All current fishing regulations apply)
1 Grand Prize Lucky Draw - Guided Kayak Fishing Trip from Battlefish Charters! (up to 4 family members)
20 Prizes will be awarded to kids
10 Prizes will be awarded to adults
1 Kid and 1 Adult Prize for the "Favorite Photo" (chosen by Grounded organizers)
Join us on May 31st at 4pm at Woods & Waters for the prize drawings in person or live on Facebook!
Need a fishing license? Need supplies? Find everything you need at Woods and Waters.
Discover something new about Saranac Lake
and share it with others
– Take Historic Saranac Lake's self-guided Downtown Walking Tour or check out the kid-friendly walking tour available to pick up at the Welcome Center.
– Visit the Cure Porch on Wheels behind the Saranac Laboratory Museum for a mini history lesson
– Visit the Trails Center and learn about Leave No Trace and local hike options
– Visit the Wild Center and learn about the natural history of the Adirondacks
– Visit the Loon Center and learn about Loons!
– Complete the Saranac Lake Scavenger Hunt
The Saranac Lake Scavenger Hunt will be available for the entire month of May! Stop in at the Welcome Center at 39 Main St (the Town Hall) Monday - Saturday 9am-4pm to pick up your copy. All locations will be within walking distance of downtown Saranac Lake. Return your completed hunt to the Welcome Center for a chance to win some amazing prizes!
Make art, see art, find art
– Visit a local gallery: See how many local galleries you can visit. Pick up an Arts Directory at the Welcome Center, any gallery, or on the ArtWorks website
– Visit the Mother's Day ArtMarket at the Paul Smith's VIC
– Check out Village Views and A Journey to Sustainability at BluSeed Studios.
– Visit ADK ArtRise during open hours and take your "Face in the Hole" picture!
– Ride the Adirondack Carousel and admire the hand-carved Adirondack animals.
– View public art - do the bug crawl or take your picture in front of public art and share it with us! #grounded2022
Share your art creation on social media! #grounded2022
Spring has sprung. Let’s clean up and get ready for the growing season
– Participate in the Village wide Spring Cleanup (see below)
– Visit a local nursery or garden center and start planting: Scott's Florist, Willy-nilly Gardening, Coakley's Home and Hardware, or Aubuchon Hardware
– Celebrate Big Tree Fest at the Paul Smiths VIC
– Learn about the Pollinator project
Pick up a seed packet at the Welcome Center and plant your own pollinator garden
We want to see your garden, share it on social media! #grounded2022
Spring Clean-Up Weekends for May 7-8th and May 14th-15th. Cleaning efforts will focus on trash pick up on municipal properties and public parks surrounding the Village of Saranac Lake. Between the hours of 9:00 am-1:00 pm on Saturday May 7th, interested volunteers can visit Riverside Park to pick up trash bags, rubber gloves, location assignments, and clean up directions. On Saturday May 14th volunteers can check in at the Saranac Lake Welcome Center at the Harrietstown Town Hall to pick up supplies and locations. All trash bags should get deposited next to a village municipal garbage can if not otherwise directed by Chamber staff to deposit at specific locations. The Village of Saranac Lake is partnering with the Chamber to provide supplies and trash pick up.
Saranac Lake is known for it's historical healing woods and fresh mountain air. Heal your mind, body, and spirit with a variety of activities.
– Check out healing techniques with Adirondack Massage at Riverside Park on May 7th starting at 10am
– Go puddle jumping! Kids and Grown-ups - it will soothe your soul and make you smile.
– Get Grounded on the Water with the Adirondack Massage Cruise pontoon boat, call 518-572-1881 to make reservations!
– Visit the Labyrinth at Lake Clear Lodge, dates/hours TBD
– Try out Forest Bathing, Saturdays in May at 9am: Registration & Details
– Visit a Cure Deck: Tuesdays May 10 and 17 from 4-7pm at Adirondack Massage, 449 Lake St
– Shop healthy this spring at Nori's Village Market or the Saranac Lake Farmer's Market
We want to see your best puddle jumping picture, share it on social media! #grounded2022